2025 State Water Plan – Round 1 Public Input Meetings
Oklahoma Water Resources Board sent this bulletin at 07/10/2023 12:23 PM CDT
Save The Date!
*Round 1 meetings for the 2025 Oklahoma Comprehensive Water Plan will be held as follows:
August 15 | Southwest Technology Center | 711 W. Tamarack Rd., Altus, OK 73521
August 16 | Chickasaw Nation Community Center | 700 N. Mississippi Ave., Ada, OK 74820
August 17 | Rogers State University | 1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017
August 29 | High Plains Technology Center | 3921 34th St., Woodward, OK 73801
August 30 | OSU-Oklahoma City | 9900 N. Portland Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73107
The Oklahoma Water Resources Board is pleased to announce the first in a series of stakeholder input meetings, in locations across the state, focused on the 2025 update of Oklahoma’s Comprehensive Water Plan (OCWP). Participants will have an opportunity in this and subsequent meetings, to engage and voice their ideas on current and future water-related challenges and solutions, both in their region and statewide, review state policy and water reliability initiatives resulting from stakeholder recommendations of the 2012 OCWP, as well as learn about the results of the recent water supply and demand forecasts and infrastructure investment needs surveys. This round will build on input from several focused discussions held to initiate the scope of work for the 2025 OCWP and will generally follow the same agenda in each of five locations around the state.
- Target participants: local officials, water utility suppliers, regulated industry, commercial agricultural producers, economic development entities, and representing organizations
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- 2025 OCWP status and roadmap of future engagement meetings.
- Quick review of implementation of 2012 stakeholder recommendations and resulting state legislation and investment.
- Quick review of preliminary findings of 2025 Water Provider Survey and Public Engagement Survey
- Group discussion of new water supply and demand forecasts and most pressing issues that may impact water, economic growth, and quality of life in your area.
- Participant ideas and suggestions on next generation of regional/statewide stakeholder recommendations to be included in the 2025 OCWP.
- Wrap up – Anticipated timing and topics for the next local meetings.
- Target attendees: general public
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Oklahoma Water Resources Board – who we are and what we do.
- Oklahoma Comprehensive Water Plan – background, 2012 OCWP recommendations and achievements, status of current update to the 2025 OCWP
- Collect feedback.
Two virtual meetings – Target attendees: those that could not attend in-person meetings.
- August 18 | Virtual meeting, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. *(virtual Team links to follow)
- August 31 | Virtual meeting, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. *(virtual Team links to follow)